These protocol aids an athlete to prepare for competition, and to reset metabolism post performance to reduce recovery time.
This protocol improves is a very good pre-performance warm up. It can anytime up to 24 hours prior to competition. It does not create fatigue.
Maximum blood oxygen status in preparation for performance to maximize oxygen reserve for aerobic resilience:
- Open all capillaries for optimal blood delivery to muscles;
- Restore blood flow to muscles likely inhibited by prior training or performance;
- Maximum saturation in extra-cellular body compartments to maximize connective tissue resilience to minimize injury vulnerability.
Pre Performance Protocol:
- Fill the oxygen reservoir (don’t connect oxygen yet)
- Put on the mask and connect to the oxygen and warm up to target pulse rate**
- Exercise for 6 minutes without increasing resistance
- Do the following steps 3 times
- Switch to high altitude and begin 30 second sprint
- First 15 seconds – high altitude then switch to high oxygen for 15 seconds
- Recover on oxygen
- Do legs feel better than before if yes? go to a
- If legs do not feel better goto 6
- Stop exertion at 12 minutes
- Continue breathing oxygen until pulse drops 100 bpm.
** Target pulse rate is usually (.7 x (220 = age)) – a good aerobic pace